Monday, January 03, 2005

Not Republican enough

Obviously, honesty and integrity are not part of Republican moral values. Republican activist in Washington state are angry at Secretary of State Sam Reed because he wouldn't use his position to fix the Governors race. The activist are vowing revenge against Reed.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Republican Reed faces GOP wrath over recount decisions
By David Postman - Seattle Times chief political reporter

. . .


Not Republican enough

Now Reed believes the anger toward him is driven by a feeling he hasn't been Republican enough. For example, some think he should have backed the party's call for county auditors to reopen their tallies in hopes of getting more Rossi votes counted.
"There are people who think I should be using the position of secretary of state simply to weigh the scales on the side of my own party. I just don't accept that, and it would not be proper," he said.

"There are some people who have been dismayed that I wasn't a Katherine Harris who took the position, 'I'm a Republican, and by God that comes first.' "
...

John Giese, a Republican political consultant and close adviser to Republican gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi, appeared ready to blame Reed for problems he expects under a Gregoire administration.

"Every time taxes are increased, new regulations passed, new rules written by state agencies without underlying statutory authority and economic opportunity is stifled, this election will be remembered," he wrote. "Passions may be cooler but memory cells won't be dead."

Pete DeLaunay, a Seattle public-relations executive, wrote the group that he had e-mailed Reed to ask him not to certify the election last week.

"Sam responded as sympathetic, but says there's a constitutional issue at play," DeLaunay wrote. "I say let the cards fall where they may." ...
[ full article ]